The Ordway Senior Support Engineer will focus primarily on providing expert technical after-installation support to clients in the SaaS and cloud industry. The Senior Support Engineer will as troubleshoot complex issues with Ordway’s subscription billing, revenue recognition, accounts receivable, and investor metrics applications. Duties involve responding to customers in the finance, accounting, and revenue operations functions promptly and professionally. The Senior Support Engineer will need to accurately document problems and resolutions, and collaborate with clients and internal employees to solve complex technical problems. The job requires excellent technical and soft skills.
The Senior Support Engineer will work directly with clients in the SaaS and cloud industry to provide rapid and accurate analysis of production issues (including solution tracking). S/he will provide outstanding technical support to Ordway customers globally to swiftly resolve issues related to subscription billing, revenue recognition, accounts receivable, or SaaS metrics reporting.
- Manage to customer service level agreements
- Handle urgent escalation issues, ensuring we accurately prioritize based on severity and customer impact.
- Provide support via tickets, chat, and phone to Ordway customers.
- Answer customer questions, file bugs, and reproduce, troubleshoot, resolve, and escalate issues as necessary.
- Take ownership and follow through on client issues until resolution.
- Work closely with engineering and product management teams to advocate for the customer and drive improvements to product functionality.
- Identify potential requirements from the issues and bugs reported by the customers that can be converted into requirements for future development.
- Become a product expert from both a business and technical standpoint.
- Actively participate in our online Help Center, learning about customer pain points, answering customer questions, and posting solution articles in your domain of expertise.
- Demonstrate customer advocacy and empathy for pain points.
- Coordinate actions from other departments needed to resolve an issue.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, Engineering, or related. Other significant technical experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in an Enterprise Application Support Engineer position, Computer Systems Analyst position, Software Engineer position, or in a closely related occupation.
- Strong Oracle SQL, PL/SQL skills required.
- Problem-solving capabilities as well as excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and technical judgment.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated.
- Excellent spoken and written English. All customer communications are in English.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to adjust to the technical level of the audience and explain complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work efficiently in a time-critical environment and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with peers and senior management as required.
- Ability to work with a global team and build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Positive attitude and the ability to overcome adversity; and manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Strong desire and ability to continually learn new skills, processes, technologies, and product knowledge. You will learn something new every day!
- Experience rolling out new processes, systems, onboarding new support agents.
- Experience with billing or financial enterprise applications.
- Experience in Order-To-Cash (O2C) or Procure-To-Pay (P2P) cycle experience in Oracle EBS (Financials)/Netsuite. Experience in Account Receivables (AR) and/or General Ledger (GL) is a plus. Other ERPs can also be considered.
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, US GAAP, and revenue recognition/accounting.
- Experience as a developer or QA engineer in an agile development environment.